Friday, January 9, 2009

Cesanese Update

So day three and the Cesanese is still going strong!!
The tannins relaxed and softened a bit, and the fruit is showing more red characteristics, less big juicy black plums, and sadly the baker's chocolate has died as well, making this a more subtle wine, yet still FREAKING AWESOME!!! At this point, I'm going to just give in and buy a case, I think I've just found my house red staple!!

(Can you tell I love this wine? I've sold about two cases this past week!)




Btw, have I mentioned I'm an AWFUL cook lately?!? Seriously, burnt cinnamon rolls are NASTY! If you are in the Mclean/Reston/Herndon area and find burnt cinnamon rolls incredibly tasty, let me know, I'd be glad to share them with you....

3 comments:

Momagain said...

hmm... burnt cinnamon rolls. probably pair nicely with a cool New Zealand Reisling!

The Cork Dork said...

And this is one of the many ways you rock!!!!
I'm getting together a case of Tempranillo for when you come down!

Momagain said...

a case??!! easier there cork dork. I can get through a bottle with you - if i can spend the night. But a case? very generous but be sure you love what you put in that case.