Saturday, October 25, 2008

2006 White Fences Vineyard, Midnight Red


This is another Virginia wine, also 100% Chambourcin. I know, I'm seeing the trend, too. I promise to start being more geographically promiscuous!

This baby is as deep and mysteriously dark in the glass as the name suggests.
We got pronounced black and white pepper, black cherry, plum, fig, black tea, and oddly enough; something meaty or leathery.

Thankfully, the wine was very fruity, not at all gamy, full of figs, stewed raisins, anise, and blackberries.
It was dry, with low tannins and a really nice finish. I would drink this now, as I can't see this standing up to cellaring very well, but it's definitely something great to have around the house!

It's only 12.5% alcohol, which means you can have a glass and *still* manage to keep up your end of the conversation! Unless it's about something crazy, like how hot they think Jancis Robinson is, or how devastatingly witty he/she/it thinks Alice Fiering is. (Then I'd suggest you smile and nod, hide all the sharp implements, point to something shiny, take the booze and RUN!)

No comments: