Wednesday, July 23, 2008

2006 Caymus Conundrum, California Table Wine

I must admit, I'm quite partial to Conundrum. I really like the game of figuring out the blend. I'm using figuring out quite loosely, as normally I just end up giggly with an exasperated boyfriend who rolls his eyes at all my attempts to involve him in something he clearly just wants to drink and NOT discuss! Hooray internet! ;)

Clear, pale lemon color, nose was pronounced and youthful, very fun.
Nose was full of citrus, grapefruit, peach, apricot, banana, lemon, lime, pear, honeysuckle, and melon.
It was off-dry, with a nice medium acidity, obviously low tannin, light body and a wonderfully pronounced intensity that just dances right through the palate!
Again, the flavors were citrus, lime, grapefruit, tropical fruits,peach, butter, banana, melon, vanilla, honey, and honeysuckle.
The alcohol was low, (13.5), and definitely was ready to drink!

It was interesting to witness the in-glass transformations, starting out as fresh and fruity and flirty fun, then turning into something sexy, refined, with more herbaceous characteristics showing through.
Kind of like watching Tigger turn into Shere Khan!!
Day 2 was even better!! (Yes, I'm impressed I rationed myself as well!)

No comments: