Friday, July 24, 2009

I have discovered the nectar of the DEVIL!!!




I love bubbles, all kinds of bubbles, Champagne, Cremant de whatever, Cava, you get the idea. I don't think bubbles get enough respect, you'd be surprised how well they go with seafood and even some chicken! Try it sometime, a time when you're not celebrating or romancing. Although that's fine, too, if you're celebrating and you have bubbles, invite me!!!
I also have a soft spot for dessert wines. Not just Sauternes (my wallet cringes just mentioning it) or Tokaji, but late-harvest Zins, Banyuls, and now, a fortified Tannat, you also get this idea...
I had the GREAT idea to put them together (and this was better than my ice cream and mustard idea, not as awesome as ice cream and cornichons though...) and *gasp* OMIGOD it's AWESOME!!
It's better than a Kir Royale, but definitely along the same taste profile. Depending on how much of the Tannat you use, you get anywhere from a light pink to an almost blood red!! It's freaking AWESOME!! I cannot stress the awesome-ness of this enough!!
I prefer to use cheap Cava for this, currently I'm using Pere Ventura, which at $15 isn't too much a splurge, and is good enough to drink all by itself.

I warn you, once you start, it's hard to stop, although the Tannat clocks in at 17% abv, so it won't take much. I was totally drunk at 2:30 on Tuesday afternoon!!

It's THE DEVIL!!!

No comments: