Friday, August 1, 2008

NV Segura Viudas Reserva Heredad, Penedes, Spain


I love this stuff!!
Clear, Pale Lemon Green, nice thin strings of tiny bubbles!
It's clean, light intensity, seems youthful, although that just be the effervescence.
The nose is full of citrus, honeysuckle, lime, peach, toast, bread, and biscuity.
It's dry, with medium acidity, obviously low tannins, it just dances in your mouth!
The flavors are again, citrus, peach, honeysuckle, toast, and bread. It's low alcohol, medium length, it's a great quality, I've bought four bottles of this, and I'm already down two!!
At $20 it's not the cheapest out there, but I think it's worth it. Also makes a great gift!

According to their website, it's 67% Macabeo, and 33% Parellada.

If you get the chance, DEFINITELY pick this one up! And if you find it anywhere near the Baltimore region, drop me a line, you'll be making one of my lab rats' day!!!!!!!

No comments: