Monday, March 22, 2010

Woohoo! It's Bubble Time, Baby!


So today I got some good news, WOOHOO!!
To celebrate, I decided to treat myself to a bottle of NV (Non Vintage) Edmond Barnaut Grande Réserve Brut Grand Cru Champagne! I've never had this Champagne before,( a problem everyone here knows I LIVE to fix) and what really made me want to try it was that Monsieur Barnaut was kind of a Champagne bad ass. He was one of the first pioneers in Champagne who stood up and gave a resounding "Eff You!" to the big boys of Champagne, and started a solera system using 66% Pinot Noir, and 34% Chardonnay that is still used today! Yes yes, I know, this is nothing new, hooray for back blending, yada yada, shut up, I'm drinking it and you aren't, so HA! I win! :)

That is all, there was no real point to this post, I just wanted to boast about getting good news and rub it in that I'm drinking yummy bubbles!

Now it's your turn! Pop that cork baby!! Let's all toast a rebel :)

1 comment:

Momagain said...

Congratulations on the raise(!) (and the good work that inspired it) and on enjoying the bubbly. Did you share?