Saturday, November 15, 2008

Wine for a cause...Aaaawww


I was wasting time online (I know, let's all pretend to be shocked) reading TMZ last night, and I came across this article about the dogs rescued from Michael Vick. Some marketing genius decided to come up with a wine brand featuring the (happy, touchy-feely) painting of the dog and their life story on the back of the bottle. According to this site, only 10% of the money made off of the ($40 a bottle) red wines goes to the Best Friends shelter in Utah, where the dogs are being taken care of, and funding for fighting dog-specific breed laws and to (hopefully) bring an end to dogfighting.

As I was researching the wine, I came across an even more bizarre website, the Dog Lovers Wine Club. They've also got a cat and horse club, in case dogs aren't your thing.

Am I the only one the finds this odd?

1 comment:

Janine said...

Carrie, I'm Karin's neighbor in Martinez. Hope you can go to the Napa Valley for Holiday in Carneros, if you're in CA this weekend Nov 22-23. It's a bargain for $40. You may taste at many wineries for 2 days. Some very interesting and only open for this event. Lots of Fall color, too. Try Adastra and McKenzie Mueller. Some serve food , have food demos and lots of wine to enjoy.
Janine